Sunday, March 8, 2009

The God of THIS City: Dresden

"He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to HIS name." Psalm 23:3

God loves Dresden. He aches with all the loves He possesses to see it turn from its evil ways and turn to Him. How can I be so sure of this? Let me tell you a story.

As most of you know, I rarely lack the words to tell a story. However, recently, I haven't really been able to put into words what's been going on here. I've been able to find little words like discouraged, useless, angry, and broken to describe how I feel, and I've haven't been able to find words to describe what God's been doing in the city. I've been focusing so much on what I've been feeling that I've been blind to the works that God is so obviously doing.

Those words I used to describe how I'm feeling are words that the enemy has been whispering into my ear so that I will believe that nothing in going on. If nothing was going on, why would satan be so adamant about making me and my team feel useless and broken? Why would he be trying to tear us apart at the seams and render us useless? Why would he be trying to slander the names of hard-working Christians in this city if God wasn't doing something here? Why would he make us focus on ourselves instead of the glory of the Father in heaven who created everything?!

Despite the fact that whenever say something is happening and the enemy attacks harder, I am going to say it: something big is going to happen here. I may never see it, but God is using me and my team right now. We are going to focus on glorifying God's name and let Him do the rest. There is nothing we can do apart from Him.

My team and our sanity and unity has been hit hard. The enemy uses every nit-picking thing to drive us apart. He'll convince us that prayer walking is useless. He'll convince us that our prayers in general are useless. He'll convince the innocent that we're worthless even with the Spirit of God living inside us. We have to recognize these attacks and pray even harder.

We've continued with street witnessing, and God has been working. We saw some of the people we saw the first time, and they seemed more open. We even got contact information for some of them because them wanted to practice English with us! We've been praying for God to send people to us so that we can start developing relationships.

Things may never fully calm down in the spiritual realm, but I know that I my God will protect me. I must pray the armor of God everyday-- several times a day. I encourage you to do the same. (Ephesians 6:10-18)

Thank you, reader, for your prayers and encouragement.

1 comment:

Just an Average Girl said...

i do know how you feel and what you mean. i know God is going to do something amazing, and i too know how it seems that pray walking and simple things may not make a difference. and i too agree, that God is great and big and mighty, and anything He wants done will be accomplished. and that's when i'm blessed to know, He let me be a part in His plan. praying for you guys!