Tuesday, November 16, 2010

For the Love of Coffee

The Mama Kat Writing Workshop prompt o' the week:

List 10 reasons why you do or not drink coffee.

For those of you who have known me for any length of time know that I enjoy a good cup of coffee. So, here are ten reasons I drink coffee:

  1. I am slightly addicted. For real, man. Headache and sleepy without a small cup in the AM.

  2. I like how a fresh cup of coffee (that is brewed correctly) is like a hug on cold days.

  3. It's versatile: iced, hot, blended, Irish, with chocolate, etc.

  4. It has its own house in which lots of people gather for good conversation.

  5. It smells really good.

  6. It's great with dessert or as dessert.

  7. It's great with breakfast... or as breakfast if you're in a pinch.

  8. It's cousin espresso is wild and crazy!

  9. You can make cool designs on the foam of a café au lait.

  10. Coffee is internationally known and sounds the same in a lot of languages.


However, I can fully understand why people don't drink coffee. So, I made a list for you, too.

  1. It's bitter.

  2. It's supremely awful when it's cold.

  3. It makes me jittery.


That's all I have. Why do you like coffee? Why do you despise it?

Mama's Losin' It

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Great little list! I like how the reasons to like coffee outnumber the reasons to not like coffee-because I like coffee a lot!
And I've been to that house you mentioned in #4 -the Maxwell's sure have a lot of friends!
Here's to another cup!

Rachel M said...

Great list! I had to struggle really hard to come up with 10 reasons to not like coffee because I love it so much!!!